Pursuant to the Nova Scotia Disc Sports Society (DiscNS) by-laws, this is a notice to the members of DiscNS of the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the membership:
DATE: Thursday, June 25, 2020
LOCATION: Online (sign on at https://meetings.businessconnect.telus.com/j/1429587497 If asked for the meeting number, use 1429587497). Will be continuing from the Halifax Ultimate AGM that starts at 7:30.
TIME: 8:30 pm. (June 25: corrected from 7:30, which is the HU AGM)
The agenda of the meeting is as follows:
- review of meeting etiquette
- approval of agenda
- approval of minutes from last year
- introduction of the Board
- return to play summary
- review of last year's activities
- presentation of next year's plans
- presentation and approval of financials (balance sheet and budget)
- special resolution: bylaw changes
- vote on next Board
- other business
On the special resolution, the proposed changes to the bylaws aim to effect the following changes:
- convert Director positions to 2 year terms with interleaved ending dates
- set the Board size to 5-7 Directors
- clarify the vote expectations for the Chair
- adopt gender-neutral language
- clarify the definition of quorum
Opportunistically, the changes also clean up how the use of definitions in the bylaws.
Should the special resolution pass, the voting of Directors for the next year will include some 2-year positions and some 1-year positions to start the interleaving Director terms.
AGM slides (posted June 25, 2020)
Meeting logistics update (June 25, 2020)
With the online format, we will have Member microphones muted. Please open the chat box on the online system (zoom interface) and either put a request to speak in the chat area or pose your question there. We will unmute your microphone when it is your turn to speak.
Voting will be through a Google form. Links to the Google form will be posted in the meeting chat box at the time of the vote. We anticipate 4 times to vote in the meeting:
- agenda and last year's minutes
- approval of financials
- special resolution
- voting on a new set of Directors
Only Members of Halifax Ultimate, Pictou County Ultimate, and the Maritime Disc Golf Association are eligible to vote. On votes, we will ask for your name and affiliated organization(s) solely for the purpose of verifying the validity of the vote and the presence at the meeting.